COLLEGIATE CORNER is an innovative problem-solving, decision-making service targeting schools that lack a counseling center.
Collegiate Corner has been shown to have an immediate and significant impact on staff and student population.
COLLEGIATE CORNER does not offer counseling or therapy; it offers a short term, highly focused intervention that directly addresses the problems, or concerns that are presented by the students and how they can overcome barriers that may be interfering with their pursuit of a valuable education and a better quality of life.
COLLEGIATE CORNER can…
- Help improve student retention
- Help improve student attendance, participation, and productivity
- Help develop long term solutions for immediate problems
- Teach valuable student skills
- Help students maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
COLLEGIATE CORNER is appropriate for …
- Students who are struggling with real life issues and problems that interfere with their pursuit of an education.
- Students who have excessive absences or multiple absences for same reasons
- Time management, prioritizing, and scheduling problems
- Relationship problems
- Work conflicts and career decision making assistance
- Substance abuse
- Divorce and custody concerns
- Stress management
- Referral to appropriate services
COLLEGIATE CORNER is not appropriate for …
- Treating mental illness, i.e. diagnosed mood disorders, schizophrenia and other psychotic
- disorders, or personality disorders
- Suicidal or violent ideation or intent
- A substitute for chemical dependency treatment, counseling, or psychotherapy.
- A substitute for legal counsel.