- This event has passed.
Strategic Problem Solving Introduction 20 Hour
June 7, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$250
- 12hrs classroom time and can be customized to accommodate large groups and agency staff with flexible scheduling options; One 6hr and two 3hr sessions, or four 3hr sessions
- 8hrs distance learning online, comprised of 4 Primers to be completed before and between training sessions.
- SPS compliments other more established curriculums that are evidence-based practices, i.e. Motivational Interviewing, Mental Health First Aid, 7 Challenges, Cannabis Youth Treatment… etc.
- SPS will complement and enhance user skills making them more effective.
- SPS can facilitate effective intervention, case, & treatment planning
- SPS can increase Red Flag awareness and response options for high-risk youth.
- SPS can give long term solutions for immediate problems
- SPS interjects common concepts and language into the community.
- SPS can motivate and help clients resolve conflict, solve problems, and make good informed decisions that are in their best interests.
- SPS can improve client engagement, motivation, and buy-in, and increase client and family cooperation, and compliance.
- SPS is more mindset than curriculum, it provides a sound intervention philosophy used to guide creative, solution-oriented techniques that lead to positive outcomes.
- SPS has proven effective with resistant populations such as at-risk teens, people dealing with substance abuse and addictions, and those under court supervision.
- SPS training is appropriate for non-degreed youth workers, bachelors, master’s and doctoral level therapists, counselors, social workers; children service workers, faith-based providers, educators, and juvenile & criminal justice workers.
- SPS training is the first step toward being able to provide SPS services and programming.
*Limited to first 20 people
*$25 discount if you have previously attended the 3hr training.